ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Remoting Software Questions

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
mwb1100: If your information is correct, then it sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'd want to log in as myself (only have one user account anyway--like I said, nobody uses it but me) so it should all be fine.

jgpaiva: VNC doesn't need to be installed on the PC I'm remoting to? How does it connect? Is there an install-free, USB version of VNC?

mouser:
I've tried and been quite happy with
Remote Admin and Remotely Anywhere

Whatever you use - it's one of the real pleasures to be able to remotely connect to your home pc - definitely worth the trouble.

I keep trying to get someone on DC to do a big review of these tools, but the tasks has driven both of them insane (Josh + Ken)..  :tellme:

KenR:
I keep trying to get someone on DC to do a big review of these tools, but the tasks has driven both of them insane (Josh + Ken)..-mouser (January 04, 2007, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that what did it ?!
Ken

Deozaan:
I keep trying to get someone on DC to do a big review of these tools, but the tasks has driven both of them insane (Josh + Ken)..  :tellme:
-mouser (January 04, 2007, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

That actually explains a lot!

Hmm...  :-\  Has anyone tried to remote from a computer you're remoting to? Or trying to have the remote computer remote back to the one you're sitting at?  :P

mouser:
Has anyone tried to remote from a computer you're remoting to? Or trying to have the remote computer remote back to the one you're sitting at?
--- End quote ---

yes, general works ok for testing though hard to do anything.  Just remember you can't usually use your real ip, you have to use loopback 127.0.0.1 (at least that's my experience).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version