ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Motion Jpeg (.mjpeg) player or convert to mpg?

<< < (2/5) > >>

nudone:
you might get somewhere with virtualdub with the right mjpg codec installed - it didn't work for me after installing one but then i didn't reset the machine? i know i've used mjpg codecs in the past but i can't remember if it was with virtualdub.

dos smosh. i know you are right but i'm sure i'll have forgotten your wise words next time i need to refer to the command prompt and just call it dos anyway.

i4get75:
The mplayer method worked but I get no sound and it's about twice the speed.  Any ideas?  I haven't tried the virtualdub yet...I'll try that now.

nudone:
the method using mplayer should adjust the speed of the clip - you can try typing in a different number other than the '12' as that was assumed to be the framerate of the original clip. if you try a lower number like 5 then you'll see the output clip's framerate become slower. if you don't then the player you are using must be ignoring the framerate information completely.

you'll probably need to experiment with a few number between 5 and 12 to get the perfect output framerate.

as for the sound - i don't know what can be done about that (i wrongly assumed there wasn't any audio with the original clip). looks like the mplayer method isn't that good afterall. maybe there is audio encoding information somewhere that you can find regarding mplayer.

i4get75:
Ok, I'll try to adjust the framerate.  Hopefully someone else will come along and solve the sound issue.  Leave it to LG to not include software to get the vids off your phone.  Guess they think that the average user will just take the vids and leave them on the phone until they are tired of them.

f0dder:
I don't think sony/ericsson includes software for their 3gp or whatever format either - and I haven't yet found an app that handles those very well either.

Btw, you might want to try getting hold of MediaPlayerClassic, VideoLan, and... what was that final player name, can't remember. Some of those are a bit better at playing back 'unconventional' formats than standard windows media player.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version