ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

January 2007 Discounts: FinePrint (35%) and Net Transport (30%)

<< < (2/2)

CodeTRUCKER:
Sounds like a good way to do it.  I can't come up with a better one.

vegas:
Exactly.  It's really a compromise to give people both a chance to win, and also time to consider using the discount.

Realize that unlike some of these other websites which have popped up recently whose entire business model is designed around making affiliate fees from sales, etc., that the discounts and giveaways as never planned, it just sort of happened.

When we first started with the discounts and giveaways we had the giveaway end at the very end of the month, and then there would be like 24 hours between people finding out they didn't win until the end of the discount.  Seemed kind of crazy and unfair to the companies too.

So now the idea is that we end the giveaway in the middle of the month, and then peopl have the other half of the month to contemplate the discount.  It also matches up well now with our newsletters since the first newsletter we can remind people about the giveaway deadline, close enough to deadline that they actually remember, and in the second newsletter of the month we can do the same about the end of discount deadline.
-mouser (January 15, 2007, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now I get it  :Thmbsup:  Thanks for the explanation.  Also to mention, the versions other sites give away aren't necessarily the current version, nor the full version, and don't necessarily include any future updates or even support - even some come with extended  time limitations, sheeesh.  I like the color of the grass here.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version