ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

DC Forum Post Notifier Lite (a.k.a. Pop-Up Cody) - v1.1.6 - May 21, 2007

<< < (3/18) > >>

Wordzilla:
Okay then there's something else wrong. All links work from the menu except that one ??
-Ruffnekk (January 02, 2007, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmmm, what else is wrong and which link were u referring to? :)

Ruffnekk:
Okay in that case it must be a proxy issue, because here at work I'm not getting notified of new posts either... At home it worked :(

Any chance your app can be made to configure the use of a proxy server with authentication?

Ruffnekk:
Okay then there's something else wrong. All links work from the menu except that one ??
-Ruffnekk (January 02, 2007, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmmm, what else is wrong and which link were u referring to? :)
-Mobysaurus (January 02, 2007, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the 'Show recent posts' was a link to the 'Show recent posts' page on DC  :P

Wordzilla:
Definitely!

Sure, here are some! I'd like to...

* be able to resize the notification window.
* be able to temporarily disable the popups (preferably with a hotkey).
* be able to customize fonts and colors.
* see what forum users are online. (*)
* know how you made the sliding transparent popup windows! :)
Arjen.

(*) Update: I see "Who's online" is in the context menu. Maybe changes in this page can be shown as popups somehow?
-Arjen (January 02, 2007, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great! I'm very happy that this tool is actually helping ppl. I'm def going to better it and bribe mouser into approving it as an official forum tool!  ;)

be able to resize the notification window.
--- End quote ---

Maybe a good idea to let users to have the option of displaying tiny/small/normal/huge/gigantic window?

be able to temporarily disable the popups (preferably with a hotkey).
--- End quote ---

I'll add this feature in an hour or so (assuming you dont care very much about hotkey).  :D  Gonna explore hotkey function in the later PRO ver.

be able to customize fonts and colors.
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course, it's already planned to go into the PRO ver.  ;D

see what forum users are online. (*)

(*) Update: I see "Who's online" is in the context menu. Maybe changes in this page can be shown as popups somehow?
--- End quote ---

Guess it won't be very hard for me to add "see what forum users are online" right now since I used to work on a tiny infamous app of which the sole purpose is to monitor mouser's online/offline status.

The Pro ver might even allows you to custom a watch list of a bunch of ppl to periodically check for their online/offline status and pop up a MSN-like notification window:

"Mouser the Evil Lord is online now! Say hello to him or click here to feed his ego with some DC credits."  ;D

Maybe changes in this page can be shown as popups somehow?
--- End quote ---

I think the viewing of Who's Online area is currently restricted to privileged users only, so there may be some difficulties implementing this feature.

If successfully coded it'll allow you to monitor mouser's almost real-time activity - could be very very fun!!

"Mouser is now posting in the Official Announcements section..." <- what's he up to?  :-\

;D ;D

edit: know how you made the sliding transparent popup windows! :)
--- End quote ---

Sure! I'd love to share my code/knowledge. (Also there are quite a few open source pop up notification controls on codeproject.com.)

basically it works like this:

1. Notification window = window placed in the bottom right corner

Window Location:

--- Code: vb.net ---Me.Left = My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Width - Me.WidthMe.Top = My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Height - Me.Height
2. Slide effect

Create a timer object and let it be that when it ticks (triggers the event) every # of milliseconds, move the window up a few pixels - until it reaches the desired location, which is

--- Code: vb.net ---Me.Top = My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Height - Me.Height
3. Fade in/out effect

Use Timer + Changing window transparency/opacity

Create a timer object and whenever it ticks,

--- Code: vb.net ---Me.Opacity +=0.01   (or equally, Me.Opacity = Me.Opacity + 0.01)
(in vb.net, opacity = 1.0 means no transparency and opacity 0 completely transparent)

so every time the timer ticks (like every 30 milliseconds), the window becomes 1% more opaque (fade-in effect)

Plz let me know if you need help with it. :)

Wordzilla:

* be able to temporarily disable the popups (preferably with a hotkey).-Arjen (January 02, 2007, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Arjen, check out the new version (fresh off the compiler ;D) and my edited guide to "sliding transparent popup windows" above. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version