ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

DC Forum Post Notifier Lite (a.k.a. Pop-Up Cody) - v1.1.6 - May 21, 2007

<< < (11/18) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I've been silent, but I've been using it!  Two issues, probably not new, but still a problem...

* It keeps bypassing my proxy - need proxy dialog?
* Steals focus - yes/no/sometimes... I know this doesn't help much, but this IS what is happening.  Seems like it did not used to so this,but then it started??

Wordzilla:
I've been silent, but I've been using it!  Two issues, probably not new, but still a problem...

* It keeps bypassing my proxy - need proxy dialog?
* Steals focus - yes/no/sometimes... I know this doesn't help much, but this IS what is happening.  Seems like it did not used to so this,but then it started??
I have been holding back from writing because I was waiting for a pattern to emerge.  None has, except now it is to the point where it grabs focus every time.

Any ideas?
-Farmsteader (January 15, 2007, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Calvin, does the new upload work for you wrt proxy and stealing focus problems?  :)  (here I experienced a lot of the Notifier taking away focus from active app recently)

Update: the problem of grabbing focus is still there, guess I'll have to explore win32 api methods  :(

app103:
This is pretty cool!  :Thmbsup:

One small problem I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The links to posts open in the default browser, which is nice, but if the post contains a link and you click it, it opens in IE (yuck!)

Screenshot:

Oh...and autorun at startup would be better for current user and not local machine. It's more polite. There could be other users on a pc that might not appreciate this application as much as we do.  :-[

And I have a feature request for the Pro version, if possible:

Ability to mark a post as read.

app103:
I have had some time to enjoy this now, and I am loving it...but...

I am afraid I won't be able to run this any longer. It's causing my general cpu usage to run much higher than normal (50-75%) for some reason...and of course raising the cpu temp (to near 67C).

Closing it seems to drop things back down to normal. (under 10% and about 52C or less)

For some reason, Explorer is going nuts while this is running.

Just for statistical reference:

P4 Prescott 3.2 ghz
Windows XP Home
1G ram
IE 7

What a shame too, because I really liked it.  :(

If you need more info, let me know.

Wordzilla:
Thanks for the input app103. :)  I'm sure the notifier needs a serious revamp and I'll get back to it asap (just needs to finish this DC web project first  :-[)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version