ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Drive space monitor

<< < (2/3) > >>

deano:
Thanks Edvard that works absolutely brilliantly.  I noticed there was an option to convert the ahk file into an exe so i did that and then placed a shortcut in the startup folder.  Worked first time!  I also tested successfully on a laptop.  I think this will be a useful way of preventing C drives getting filled up with rubbish.  Because if they want to get rid of the message they have to do something about it.

Thanks again!  :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
No problem, glad to help. I have this on my own system now as well.
Just curious, did you use the snippet version or the whole enchilada version with the ini file and all?

deano:
The whole enchilada with the ini.   

Edvard:
OK, it's been ages and I just remembered that mouser (again, ages ago...) asked me to make an "Official" release of this.
Here it is:
DriveAlarm v.0.3

Description:
------------
A small program intended to run at startup/logon or any time, really.
Pops up a warning when free drive space goes below a certain percentage or
capacity in Megabytes.

Usage:
------
First, extract DriveAlarm to it's own folder in Program Files, and put a shortcut to it on the desktop for easy drive checking any time or in the Startup folder to activate it at Startup and Logon.

The first time it runs, it will make a DriveAlarm.ini file in the folder where it resides.
This will have some first-time run options in it that you can change.
--- End quote ---

A screenshot of the pop-up message:

deano:
Nice, good to get a "final" version.  I'm going to rebuild my friend's pc soon so this is on the list of things to install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version