ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Request for a good slipstreaming procedure

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eóin:
In the early part of any instructions I have read it says Go to Start... Run... type cmd.  When I do that I get a cmd is not a valid Win32 application?-JeffK (December 27, 2006, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try Start Menu >> Programs >> Accesories >> Command Prompt instead.

I also note that my computer does not have a system32 folder under c:\windows. Only a system folder.-JeffK (December 27, 2006, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is odd, maybe someone else can help you here.

JeffK:
Thanks for the help.  I look forward to trying out your suggestions.  I did manage to slipstream XP and SP2 using the advice on theeldergeek.com site but I will try the other methods too.

Jeff

JeffK:
Well, johnfdeluca and all, I must have done something seriously wrong there.

I was impressed with the ease of setting up a slipstreamed disc and the amount of information built into the program.

However when I rebooted from the disc it did a lot of thinking and occasionally telling me things, only to stop at a screen with a small amount of garbled data on it.

To my surprise it doesn't appear to have damaged anything.  I must have done something wrong, perhaps in burning the disc.

I don't think I will try that again unless I can get an English language help document first.

I'll try the RyanVM solution now.

Jeff

mouser:
keep us updated on what works jeff.

JeffK:
I did a RyanVM combining XP, SP2 and RyanVM updates.  Appears OK so far.

I then did an nLite disk combining XP, SP2 and some unattended options.  Came up with a verification failure message at the end.  Otherwise appears OK.

I then did an nLite disk combining the first one with RyanVM updates.  I watched the burn closely and it came up with a verification failure message again but I couldn't see where it actually does this verification.

I'll now try to use this last one to reinstall XP.  I'll see you when I'm finished and have reinstalled my video drivers, printer and so on.

If I don't return it's been nice knowing you and come on down MS Vista.

Happy New Year.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version