ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

A Dark and Deadly Path - v1.05.01 - December 31st, 2006

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
that's a nice idea about random branches.

i'm afraid that a poor decision was made in the design of this program to organize based on the idea of one long audio file with time points along it that choices get made. 

a much simpler approach in terms of designing a game would have been to use a sequence of separate short mp3 files that play to completion. 

i should modify it to be able to work like this if there is ever any hope of people using it.

mouser:
I have been contacted one or two times since releasing A Dark and Deadly Path in 2006 by people who were thinking of using it, but i've never seen anyone make a game using it.

That makes me a bit sad; re-reading the author's guide now, it really seems like it could be a fun system and it's a shame it's never actually been used even once in 4 years to make a game.

If it ever got some real use it would make sense to add features and port it to Flash for online play, etc.  Are there really no site-impaired people who might be interested in this?  :(

anne19:
Lol cool, do you still do these? I'd like to participate  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version