ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: an indication that "start-up" is finished

<< < (6/11) > >>

skrommel:
 :) Try IdleRun v1.0!

I've added affinity to show the correct cpu usage on mutliple core/cpu systems. But I haven't got one, so please telle me if it works! Thanks f0dder!

Skrommel

DocSavage:
Skrommel,
I installed V 1.0 last evening on my dual processor machine & did a couple of restarts. The message appears when expected & only once. The icon shrinks to nothingness when CPU usage is lower than about 10% indicated by Win Task Manager. But the tip box still indicates negative numbers. (right now, -97% while WTM shows near 1%)
I am using these settings:
[Action]
program=winver.exe
message=
exit=1
[Settings]
cputhreshold=10
checkinterval=3
idleduration=30

dk

f0dder:
Hm, just tried out the app; seems like the affinitiy didn't do the trick (and it might not even be necessary with the timing call you're doing). However, the DllCall to GetSystemTimes looks pretty curious. I'm not really into AHK, but it looks strange - the times returned by GetSystemTimes are 64bit quantities, I would guess the "uint" you pass along means unsigned 32bit, and "VarSetCapacity" also indicates you're reserving 4 bytes of memory... so perhaps the GetSystemTimes call trashes some other memory?

skrommel:
 :tellme: Have you tried Process from http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/processutil/processutil.htm? It can set the affinity of a process.

Skrommel

f0dder:
Setting either thread or process affinity should be enough - thread affinity is "the thing that matters", but thread affinity is masked by process affinity.

Something else must be going wrong somewhere - probably either the 32- vs 64-bit issue, or perhaps a signed/unsigned integer issue? I guess I should grab a copy of AHK and see if I can figure out something :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version