ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

WorkCoach - v0.8.0 - January 24, 2007

<< < (7/9) > >>

urlwolf:
Great idea arjen.
For unknown tasks, a jharps suggests, instead of a leaning mechanism -which could be hard to implement- one could use tags.

A tag cloud with the recent projects (font size associated to activity/recency/any var) and drag-and-drop tasks to projects would be really cool.

jharps:
Perhaps my use of the term "learning mode" was misleading. It would not be difficult to implement: WorkCoach already stores all the required info in the Documents and Settings/Username/Application Data/WorkCoach folder in an xml file called windowlog-yyyymmdd.xml. This lists all the windows which were active whether attached to a project or not. I'm guessing that Arjen uses this data to calculate the time spent on the Unknown project. My suggestion is to make this data available to the user through a suitable interface such as a checklist. It would be a relatively trivial programming exercise to copy data from the windowlog-yyyymmdd.xml to the projects.xml file (also in the same folder) in response to user input.

Jess

Arjen:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your comments and suggestions. I haven't done any work on WorkCoach lately nor have I been active on this forum, so my apologies for the late reply. I would like to make some improvements to WorkCoach in the future, so I guess you could say the project is asleep but still alive. :-)

We'll keep in touch...

Arjen.

ceebu:
Hi Arjen,

This is an excellent tool .. thanks for coming up with this.

I have always wanted to time track what I do, however was not very comfortable with the available ones, since I had to manually change the tasks - by associating a project to an active task and thereby automatically tracking time, this program simply becomes one of the best programs I have seen..

It would be nice if you could continue developing this tool.. I would'nt mind donating to this cause..

Coeluh:
Thanks, its maybe about a year ago now, but this is just a great tool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version