ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileMenu Tools: Customize Windows Explorer's Context Menu

(1/3) > >>

KenR:
I don't know about your's, but I can tell you my context menus could definitely use some tweaking.

FileMenu Tools lets customize the context menu of the Windows Explorer. It lets configure the following aspects:

* Add some build-in utilities in order to do operations over files and folders.
    * Add customized commands which let run external applications, copy/move to a specific
       folder or delete specific file types.
    * Configure the "Send to..." submenu.
    * Enable/disable the commands which are added by other applications to the context menu.

--- End quote ---

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

TucknDar:
Mine too! great find!

Still looking forward to ContextMenu Commander, but this certainly has made the context menu tidier!

srt19170:
I would be cautious in using this tool.  It broke the default Open action for links on my Windows 2000 machine.  I won't go into great detail, but suffice to say you don't want that to happen!  I did eventually manage to recover via some careful registry editing.

tinjaw:
I rediscovered this program while rebuilding my laptop. I am looking at my Desktop box to see what I have installed there that I want to also put on my laptop. FileMenu Tools is one such program. However, I had forgotten how useful it is as I had, for some reason, turned off most of the available utilities it has and was using it to copy the name of the file to the clipboard and to copy the contents of a file to clipboard. It has been on my WinXP box for many months without any stability issues.

nosh:
It looks/sounds like a ShellToys clone. I see from the screenie that it lets you create context menu subfolders, that's a big plus over ShellToys which doesn't.

Also take a look at Hace MMM+ if you're looking just to tame the context menu without getting all the added gizmos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version