ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

3D directX

(1/1)

chelle3005:
I am having problems playing games on my comp. It keeps throwing directX 3D errors at me. I have downloaded the drivers and do not know what else to do. Can anyone help me?

f0dder:
I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more specific - there could be a ton of different problems:

- bad graphics driver version (try older, try newer)
- hardware running too hot
- bad hardware (psu, gpu, ram, ...)
- problems with game version (try older, try newer)

You'll have to give some more info :)

chelle3005:
The games are new games. The OS is windows 2000 professional. It is a homemade comp. ATI video card. I am thinking it may be due to the OS so I am putting win 98 on it today. It only had IE 5 so I put 6 on it last night. I am also getting errors on yahoo messenger when I try to send out messages. I am stumped at this point.

Deozaan:
New games on Windows 98? I don't think that's a good idea. . . Your video card and OS might not be capable of the latest DirectX features required by these games.

f0dder:
Windows98 is generally a bad idea unless you have a very old and slow box - or if you're not a programmer, only do simple things, and remember to save your documents often :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version