ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: utility to close a program after the program has been idle for x minutes

<< < (2/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
Just let me straighten out some stuff: The time that it'd wait before closing the programs would be the same for all of them, right?
Also, would you like it to close the program's windows or to terminate the processes?

go197:
I imagine something like "check if PROGRAM's window is active" (If WinActive, check out http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands.htm) - if it hasn't been active for x minutes -> close PROGRAM.
-brotherS (December 22, 2006, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Would this work if the Outlook window was the only window open?  If not, then I guess I'm needing something that monitors the activity (or lack of it) happening with the program or maybe there is a creative way to get the same effect.

Just let me straighten out some stuff: The time that it'd wait before closing the programs would be the same for all of them, right?
-jgpaiva (December 22, 2006, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that would work for me since any i/o to the "drive" resets the "drive's" idle timer.  For example, if Outlook and OneNote were both open but I was only doing anything in Outlook, that would be enough to keep the "drive" open and therefore OneNote is safe from the "drive" closing too.

Also, would you like it to close the program's windows or to terminate the processes?
-jgpaiva (December 22, 2006, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
A nice gentle "close" would be best I guess, if that's an option.

go197:
Well this has been dropping down the list, so does that mean that it isn't possible with AHK?

brett:
Just a thought

Your problem is having a program still running that can no longer access the drive, because the drive has disconnected due to lack of activity.

It would not be to hard to have a AHK script send a tiny write/delete to the encrypted drive every 'x' minutes whenever Outlook/Onenote is open (IfWinExists)
Keeping the encrypted drive active until you close Outlook/Onenote

is this a option ?

..dB..
doublebogey

go197:

Just a thought

Your problem is having a program still running that can no longer access the drive, because the drive has disconnected due to lack of activity.

It would not be to hard to have a AHK script send a tiny write/delete to the encrypted drive every 'x' minutes whenever Outlook/Onenote is open (IfWinExists)
Keeping the encrypted drive active until you close Outlook/Onenote

is this a option ?

..dB..
doublebogey
-doublebogey (December 27, 2006, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that is a good idea  :D, but I want the drive to close to protect my data, so I'd rather the drive close itself for security.
But thank you...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version