ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR v2 Icon Design Needed

<< < (13/16) > >>

momonan:
 Is there some way of incorporating a "robot" motif to this.  I'm persuaded the "robot that finds someting" part of the presentation is very important to icon=name=function association.  
-Farmsteader (January 17, 2007, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm far from a power user of FARR, but I agree with farmsteader about the robot that finds something.  It is a real "branding" that perfectly expresses function.  It's so unique.  I'd really love to have it stay the default -- even if it could go with some graphic spiffing up.

dclagoa:
Thanks all for your kind comments, i didn't expect such reaction. And above all thanks to mouser for HIS great design. I'll be glad to try v2

@Farmsteader
Yeah, i can add whatever you like. It's a .psd and all are paths/shapes, so it will be no problem, even i can change the color if you want. Later today, if i have some spare time, i will try to add the robot. But i think that for the 16x16 version i'll need to do some pixel work. And if someobody is interested, i can upload the .psd too. And you are right about the "clarity" of the 16 version. Is that why i wanted the program for, in order to see it "in action".

Do you like the shape? I can turn it back to a circle shape if you want. I made it that way to give it a bit of distinction. I like tray icons which have different shapes. It's easier to identify them.

(I'm not an english speaker, so forgive my typographic/ortographic/gramatic mistakes)

CodeTRUCKER:
I'm am glad I can help, but there are many here more than myself.

jgpaiva:
dclagoa: If you'd like to test how your icon looks in the tray, here's a small script to do it.
Attached to this post is a .exe file with the following ahk code compiled:
code inside
--- ---#persistent

ifexist, Icon.ico
  Menu,Tray,Icon,Icon.ico,1
else
{
  msgbox,icon.ico doesn't exit. Now exiting
  exitapp
}
return

If you'd like, you can download ahk from www.autohotkeys.com and run the code, instead of using the .exe version i have attached to this post.

Anyways, what this script does is set it's tray icon to the icon in it's directory named "icon.ico". So, just place your icon in the same dir as ShowIcon.exe and run ShowIcon.exe and you're icon will appear in the tray area. To make it go away, just right-click it and select "exit".

CodeTRUCKER:
AHK is some handy kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version