ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (172/173) > >>

fluffywings:
Thanks for the help I appreciate it.  I now am user FARR Dir as my alias.

I tried searching the forums but to no avail I could not solve my question.  Using the folllowing alias path I want FARR to search the sub directories.  I tried changing the Subdirectory Search Depth to 0, 1, and tried 15 too. I don't believe I am understanding how to use it.  I have portable applications in the subdirectories that I want to run using FARR on my USB drive. 

/%FARRDIR%\PortableApps\

Also What does the score do beside the Subdirectory Search Depth Field. Thanks

mouser:
i think it might have to be something like:
%FARRDIR%\PortableApps\
or even
%FARRDIR%PortableApps\

the score is used as the baseline score for all files found in that directory -- you could use this if you are searching multiple directories, to make sure those found in this directory have higher or lower scores than others.

fluffywings:
I should show what my folder structure is like first

Portable Apps
           ThunderbirdPortable
                   ThunderbirdPortable.exe
           OpenOfficePortable
                   OpenOfficePortable.exe
     FARR

So I was trying to access the portable folder then search the subfolders for the programs.  The reason I didn't want to add each folder manually was that I may add and remove a program at random and it would be nice not to have to do that everytime I change it.  I hope this helps explain what I am doing.

mouser:
I completely understand why you need this, and we need to make sure such things work, so please don't give up getting it to work.
(you can email me at [email protected] if i don't keep following up and making sure this will work).

I think you should be able to write simply like this in your alias results and search folders:

\Portable Apps\Open Office Portable\

or just add \ as a search directory

that really should work and refer to the root drive where FARR is running, BUT if that does not work, i can either:
1) make it work in the next version
or
2) add a new macro variable like %FARRDRIVE% which refers to the drive that farr is running from.

i think #1 would be preferable.

jamesthebod:
Yeah, I've noticed this too. ;)

It was on the previous release I had. (v1.13.02) and was very useful.

I haven't been able to find that command anywhere.

But I love the program!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version