ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (171/173) > >>

fluffywings:
But then the text "myapps" appears in the search box and i need to delete it to start searching for something other then my favourites.

mouser:
on the hotkey configuration check the box marked "highlight search text" -- then when farr pops up with the text its already selected and you can just type new stuff to search and it will replace the starting text.

fluffywings:
I tried running it from a USB drive but I am having difficulty referencing the usb drive without using drive letters.  Would you know how I do that?

mouser:
from the help file:

The following virtual folders are available for specification in the search folder list. Using them won't effect search speed and can keep your configuration valid even if you use a portable usb drive, etc.:

%USERPROFILE%
%USERNAME%
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%
%MYDOCUMENTS%
%MYFAVORITES%
%MYDESKTOP%
%MYSTARTMENU%
%COMMONSTARTMENU%
%PROGRAMFILES%
%MYPICTURES%
%MYMUSIC%
%MYVIDEO%
%MYAPPDATA%
%COMMONAPPDATA%
%COMMONMUSIC%
%COMMONPICTURES%
%COMMONVIDEO%
%FONTS%
%SYSTEMDIR%
%FARRDIR%
%CONFIGDIR%

You can also use relative directories in the search folder tab:

..\etc (up one directory)
\blah (on root directory of the program drive)

When specifying alias commands you may occasionally want to refer to the home directory of the alias:

%ALIASDIR%

--- End quote ---

Therefore I *think* you should simply be able to do \dir\file
to refer to directory \dir on the drive, or refer to %FARRFIR%\subdir\file to refer to a subdirectory of FARR.

please let me know if the \dir\file approach doesnt work -- i'm not sure that's been tested much.

edbro:
Using %FARRDIR% as a starting point, you should be able to get to anywhere on the USB drive. For example
"/%FARRDIR%\..\SomeDir\SomeProg.exe"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version