ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (153/173) > >>

mouser:
So if I open FARR and then just close it again, I'd want my clipboard contents prior to starting FARR to be intact.
--- End quote ---

this was one of the reasons i totally redid the hotkey system.  now it works exactly as you say -- you can configure a specific hotkey (ctrl+break by default) to copy selected text to clipboard when launching farr.  other hotkeys (break or whatever), wont do this.

justice:
Not sure if the hotkey system is working in vista. The build in hotkeys work, but I'm unable to get any of my own hotkeys work. I tried to attach Klipkeeper to windows+space and even alt-pause/break, but no success. I'll try tonight at home to do the same on XP to see if its me.
http://www.screencast.com/t/CwK3zr07eC

It would be great to see if we can use any key to assign hotkeys, at some point. Many people might not have media keys on the keyboard. Maybe for version 2.5 or later.

hornsts:
The new enhancements and plugins are really great!  :Thmbsup:

I didn't found a post about this, so I hope it's not mentioned before.
When using the special search phrases historys or historyl, the +sall modifier is not working.

The behavior of both special search phrases is:
- historyl shows results to the "max. entries in normal result list"-value
- historys always shows results to the limit of 20 (I guess it's an internal value?!)

Based on version 2.00.137.

Nod5:
So if I open FARR and then just close it again, I'd want my clipboard contents prior to starting FARR to be intact.
--- End quote ---
this was one of the reasons i totally redid the hotkey system.  now it works exactly as you say -- you can configure a specific hotkey (ctrl+break by default) to copy selected text to clipboard when launching farr.  other hotkeys (break or whatever), wont do this.
-mouser (July 22, 2007, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, just so that I understand things, is this how FARR v2 will work:

- One variable, $c, will always have the clipboard contents.
- If FARR is started with a special hotkey (CTRL+BREAK by default) then the clipboard (and so $c) will be filled with whatever was selected in the last active window.
- No matter if such a special hotkey is used or not, FARR will always put last active window name, exe name, pid (process id) and whatever was selected in that window in other variables.

Some other thoughts:

Is support for selecting multiple results items (similar to selecting multiple files in Explorer) planned?

When selecting a result, and dragging it outside FARR a "copy-here-plus-mouse-pointer" is displayed. In Explorer, pressing right click while dragging cancels the copy action (and a regular pointer without the plus reappears). Not so in FARR. ESC cancels the drag action in FARR just like in Explorer though.

Regarding "+sall": two natural hotkeys for adding/removing that phrase from the textbox could be CTRL+PAGEDOWN/PAGEUP (if there's no other planned use for them that is)

nitrix-ud:
Is support for selecting multiple results items (similar to selecting multiple files in Explorer) planned?
--- End quote ---
very good idea, i would love it for my music search alias ... select multiple and then do action on it...

even better, select multiple items in a file explorer (windows explorer, total commander, directory opus, ...)
invoke FARR (with a specific hotkey)
FARR opens with all the selected files/folders as a result list...
then perform actions (zip, email, image resize, etc...)

Regarding "+sall": two natural hotkeys for adding/removing that phrase from the textbox could be CTRL+PAGEDOWN/PAGEUP (if there's no other planned use for them that is)
--- End quote ---
very good idea

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version