ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (151/173) > >>

rssapphire:
I have just installed and am now running version .125 alpha.  I am getting similar behaviour - when I double click on a name in the main display the Find and Run application goes to the small window and stays - I have to press the close 'X' in the upper right corner of it's window.  It launches the program correctly, and I do NOT get this behaviour when I use a function key to launch or cursor down to the program name and press ENTER.
-JeffC (July 08, 2007, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

While trying to help Mouser track this bug down by trying older versions this morning, I stumbled on to what may be the problem (when I accidentally deleted my FARR .ini file instead of the FARR .exe).  FARR regenerated a default ini file -- and suddenly worked again.  By going through and modifying the default ini it generated one item at a time until FARR broke, I discovered that if I set Inactive Memory Use (In the General Tab) to either Minimal or Average, I got the weird selection with mouse behavior. When left Inactive Memory Use in the default "Stay in Memory Longer" setting, FARR works just like it is supposed to.  You might check this on your system.

mouser:
great working tracking this down, rssapphire.  i'm going to try to fix the behavior asap.

meanwhile, version 1.00.135 is now up, with a MAJOR new feature - a completely reworked hotkey system (see the new Hotkeys tab).  This makes it easy to create a variety of hotkeys that bring up far in different ways.

To demonstrate the new features, iadded a new default hotkey: ctrl+break.
To use it, select some text in any program and hit ctrl+break.  The text should be copied to the clipboard for you automatically, and FARR brought up with "search %cliptext%" in the editbox, resulting in a web search menu to select from.  Of course you can customize the hotkeys and make as many as you want.

ps. for those of you who have been nagging me to support Winkey hotkeys you can now relax (yes Josh i'm talking to you!)

JeffC:
While trying to help Mouser track this bug down by trying older versions this morning, I stumbled on to what may be the problem (when I accidentally deleted my FARR .ini file instead of the FARR .exe).  FARR regenerated a default ini file -- and suddenly worked again.  By going through and modifying the default ini it generated one item at a time until FARR broke, I discovered that if I set Inactive Memory Use (In the General Tab) to either Minimal or Average, I got the weird selection with mouse behavior. When left Inactive Memory Use in the default "Stay in Memory Longer" setting, FARR works just like it is supposed to.  You might check this on your system.
--- End quote ---

I still get the behaviour and my memory setting is the default one.  I haven't tried deleting the .ini file yet but will do so as soon as I get a chance.

Josh:
MOUSEY!

It works! Oh my living bob! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Expect a big wet sloppy........donation from me soon (I know what you dirty minded people were thinking! shame shame shame)

It rocks!

Nod5:
the ctrl+break hotkey is very useful!  :) In general, making FARR aware of what application had focus before FARR, what text was selected in it and so on is great.

One idea: FARR could create some special aliases/variables each time it is called up (regardless of the hotkey pressed). One for the application that had focus before FARR, one for the the selected text in that application (if any) or the selected file(s) (in the case of an Explorer like application).

example: User uses notepad.exe with the text "football is a really great sport - I just love it" selected. Starts FARR, types "addnote selected" and thus adds the whole selected text to the notefile.

example2: user uses Firefox. Starts FARR, types "pkill active" and thus kills Firefox.

With such variables, the user can stick to one single hotkey and still tie the functionality in FARR to the context FARR was started in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version