ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (138/173) > >>

jballi:
v2.00.120

Please please please tell me, when did we stop using the tab key for navigation and started using it only for entering parameters!  I spent 20 minutes looking for a configuration parameter to return this function back to how it worked before but couldn't find anything.  It worked fine on the last version I tested (v2.00.083).

Hep me.  Everyone needs hep every once in while.

Thanks.

Edit:  Just for clarification...  For me the tab key would normally take to the first item in the list.  I would then use the up/down key for additional navigation.

mouser:
yes, jbali this was a recent change.
my reasoning was that the down arrow key can be used in edit box to switch to results view, and escape from results brings you back up to edit box, so i thought we could use tab for autocomplete.

jballi:
my reasoning was that the down arrow key can be used in edit box to switch to results view, and escape from results brings you back up to edit box, so i thought we could use tab for autocomplete.
-mouser (July 04, 2007, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any chance of adding an option to return the tab functionally back to way it worked before?  ...and/or allowing to user to determine which keys (or key combinations) will be used for what function.   For example: Ctrl+Tab for autocomplete.

I only make a fuss because I'm a big keyboard user and for a form of this type (Edit field followed by a List field), the natural way to navigate from the Edit field to the List field (at least for me) is the tab key.

Thank you for your consideration.

taichimaster:
-mouser (July 04, 2007, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any chance of adding an option to return the tab functionally back to way it worked before?  ...and/or allowing to user to determine which keys (or key combinations) will be used for what function.   For example: Ctrl+Tab for autocomplete.

I only make a fuss because I'm a big keyboard user and for a form of this type (Edit field followed by a List field), the natural way to navigate from the Edit field to the List field (at least for me) is the tab key.

Thank you for your consideration.
-jballi (July 04, 2007, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  I am also used to using the tab key to switch to the results view.  This recent change of key assignment has threw me off a few times too.

mouser:
sounds reasonable -- i'll add back the option to use tab as normal, and alt+tab for autocomplete.

taichi has earned himself several feature requests, so anyone who can get taichi to support their request will find it on the todo list :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version