ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (114/173) > >>

mouser:
when there are 0 results, it will work *exactly* like the standard run box dialog
--- End quote ---
not a bad idea -- let me just think about if there would be any problems doing this; having it as an option would be a reasonable solution and i can't see any harm in that.

its also a good idea to remember run commands (and other alias launches) and autocomplete them, let me see if i can figure out a way to add that.. would be a nice feature..

rojer_31:
when there are 0 results, it will work *exactly* like the standard run box dialog
--- End quote ---
not a bad idea -- let me just think about if there would be any problems doing this; having it as an option would be a reasonable solution and i can't see any harm in that.

its also a good idea to remember run commands (and other alias launches) and autocomplete them, let me see if i can figure out a way to add that.. would be a nice feature..
-mouser (May 15, 2007, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great! Thank you again  :)

rojer_31:
Ok, here's an example where shift+enter to launch a "run" command might come in handy.

"cmd"

when I type in that I get a list of options based on nircmd (which is not installed on my system by the way). That is all well and fine, but if I just want a command line window, I simply could not get it without the "run " prefix. So a way to launch the command typed in disregarding any results that may be available would be great. This again could be in advanced preferences, if that's your wish.

ps. you could try and add nircmd to the FARR installation, if feasible..

It's great that you continue to listen to new ideas. This is the sort of difference that could make a good product into a great one :)

Thangaraj

jnulu:
Dear Jesse,

I installed FARR v2 using the link you sent to my email.
As adviced, I installed it without exiting the stable version that I had.
I did this on both my PC's, one at work and the other at home.
Here's what's happening -

With the PC at home:

FARR v2 suddenly quit working without any warning yesterday. Moreover my PC slowed down considerably. I uninstalled FARR v2 and restarted the PC which helped bring things back to normal. I then tried to reinstall FARR v2 and having failed to do so, tried to install the stable version. In both cases, the installation process stops halfway and I get the following error message.

I tried to remove any remnants of Files and Folders related to FARR from the system so that I can install it afresh but even this I am unable to do as I keep getting this error message.

With the PC at work

No issues so far! FARR v2 is working fine!

Grateful for any help in restoring FARR on my PC at home.
Best wishes

Jay

mouser:
i know the problem.
you dont have to uninstall older version BUT you do have to exit it from tray.

i really need to make that automatic, its very confusing i know.
so just exit farr from tray and then install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version