ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (113/173) > >>

cnewtonne:
I can easily recreate it, but what is it that you're asking for? Do you mean the link target i.e. UNC path?

mouser:
right ok so its UNC path -- FARR is not supposed to be trying to resolve those, but maybe the code snuck back in somewhere, like checking icon. let me try to duplicate and if i can't i'll ask you for the shotcut info.

rojer_31:
Hi,

I tried the new alpha just now and it looks fabulous! It looked promising a few months ago, now it is delivering on them :)

I have one simple wish though. I don't know if this has been voiced before, but when I try and type something that works on the normal run window, it doesn't work here. Let me explain:

For example the control panel applets could be run by executing the appropriate *.cpl file:
"sysdm.cpl" for system properties, startup.cpl for startup entries and so on. When I try this with Find and Run robot, it says there are 0 results (which is understandable) but then refuses to run whatever I have typed in.

Incase I am not clear, could you update this so that, when there are 0 results, it will work *exactly* like the standard run box dialog,
and when there are some results, a modifier (maybe shift+enter) that allows me to force it to work exactly as the run box.

This is especially critical when I am running an alternate shell (I sometimes use Blackbox as my shell in wondows) and cannot avail of the standard run dialog at all.

And once again congrats on a stellar program!

Thangaraj

mouser:
you can type:
run sysdm.cpl

"run .*" is an alias that will run something as if you ran it from run box.

also, you can type:
"cpanel .*" where .* is some keywords, and it will show/filter control panel items to run.

rojer_31:
Thank you.

FARR doesn't seem to remember such "run" commands in history though.

Apart from that, I would still want you to consider it to be a feature request though.

Incase I am not clear, could you update this so that, when there are 0 results, it will work *exactly* like the standard run box dialog,
and when there are some results, a modifier (maybe shift+enter) that allows me to force it to work exactly as the run box.
--- End quote ---

This could maybe enabled in the advanced options?

Anyway, even without any more features, FARR has just replaced my current launcher (which was launchy btw) ;)

Thank you.
Thangaraj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version