ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (112/173) > >>

mouser:
yeah it does seem like a bug.  question, do you have the option checked on the general tab that says "always launch shortcuts directly" ? if not, try it.

jdmarch:
Yes, "always launch shortcuts directly" is already checked. (And while you didn't ask this, unchecking it doesn't help either!)

cnewtonne:
Mouser,
Did you get the chance to read my post. I tried the scenario on a different computer with new install and it is still happening. See my post here Reply #543  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6624.msg60102#msg60102

cnewtonne:
ok,
I figured out and it was not something new. I noticed that this severe slowness was only occurring at home office but did not occur at corporate office. I suspected some network resource time-out. The option to 'show search subdir details...' was really great since it showed me where is FARR hanging. Digging in over 500 files I was eventually able to narrow it down to link pointing to a file on the network. Once I removed it, FARR was acting just like an Arabian horse, agile and performing.

mouser:
thanks cnewtonne!
do you happen to still have that file/shortcut!
i added code to tell farr to STOP trying to resolve such network shortcuts but it was obviously still trying to.
if you could find it or recreate the phenomena, and help me figure out what it looks like i would appreciate it.
mail me ([email protected]) and we can do via email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version