ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (111/173) > >>

QuickBrownFox:
After disabling aliases to get around that bug, I discovered how nice searching for non-contiguous matches is. "add remove" brings up add and remove programs and so on. Even if I put a space in between every letter of my search I always get what I want as the first result, and quickly.

How about an option to treat all search terms as if there is a space between each letter? This would give a really fuzzy search. This could be overkill for file searching but would be really for people like me who only really use farr to launch start menu programs.

mouser:
wow that sure is a bug.. thanks for the report, it's at the top of my todo list.
(ps i've said it before and i'll say it again, thank you for everyone testing and reporting bugs. you are life savers.)

jdmarch:
Another bug... I think. I have a "Favorite Shortcuts" folder on my desktop. It is high on my FARR search folder list. In this folder I have a shortcut to Control Panel's Add-Remove Programs. If I open this shortcut from the folder in explorer directly (not using FARR) the A-R-P window opens fine. But if I invoke it from FARR, it locates the correct shortcut (I see the path to the Favorite Shortcuts folder), but when I select this shortcut, the A-R-P window does not open. In the past (with FARR 1), this worked as intended. I don't think it's ever worked with FARR 2, but I'm not certain.

mouser:
jdmarch, for what its worth, farr 2 has built in shortcuts for control cpanel, so just type "cpanel add" or something like that and it should bring it up :)

jdmarch:
That's great, mouser. I remember that was on the wish list but didn't notice that you'd implemented it already. Suffices to type "cp ad".

Makes my bug report less urgent, but still seems like a bug, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version