ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (88/173) > >>

ecaradec:
FARR can't find items in when it is in a folder that contain a folder of the same name. If I am in c:\devel and there is a c:\devel\devel\, I won't be able to see and select anything.
Manu
-ecaradec (March 21, 2007, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I got this issue again. I checked the different beta version that I installed and the issue begin between the 2.0.56 and the 2.0.59. The 2.0.56 don't have the issue, the 2.0.59 have the issue.

I have got another problem, FARR seem to have stopped search results in the history. It began between the version 2.0.60 and 2.0.68.

Manu

nitrix-ud:
GREAT Mouser !
you did it, thanks to the window display bug fix, i now can tell you that FARR does not miss the first 3-4 letters as it did before (when launching it and beginning to type fast...)

still one step to go to be as user friendly as Launchy ;) (but much more powerfull ;))
the ability to search without the consecutive letters

when i want to launch, say the power calculator (microsoft powertoys)
with launchy i can type : pw
or to launch my favorite game, warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, i just type : fz
and believe me it makes a huge difference

I have no idea if this is possible, easy/hard, ... i would just love it ! (of course i guess you would make it an option !)

Keep up the good work and thanks again for the bug fix !

Nitrix

TucknDar:
still one step to go to be as user friendly as Launchy ;) (but much more powerfull ;))
the ability to search without the consecutive letters

when i want to launch, say the power calculator (microsoft powertoys)
with launchy i can type : pw
or to launch my favorite game, warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, i just type : fz
and believe me it makes a huge difference

I have no idea if this is possible, easy/hard, ... i would just love it ! (of course i guess you would make it an option !)
-nitrix-ud (April 04, 2007, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
couldn't you use aliases for this? I don't know how launchy does this, but it sounds like it might potentially result in an enormous amount of "false positives"... How exactly do you avoid this in Launchy?

cnewtonne:
I've seen this done in many apps e.g. AppRocket, MemoLeaf, TakePhone, and launchy. Some called it 'smart search' where you can find 'Nancy John Smith' by typing 'njs'. I like it a lot and use it when its available. It implicitly uses the '.*' regexp between the letters. I do like to see it in FARR as an optional feature, but I won't push it, though.

ecaradec:
Wikipedia has a useful page on approximative string searching :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_string_searching

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version