ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (85/173) > >>

dba:
Is there still time for me to be a beta tester please?

mouser:
Yet another update (v2.00.62) -- mostly minor stuff but a couple of things that good theoretically break stuff, so I look forward to tester reports.  Next release will probably try to address vista issues and display improvements.

Same download as previous alpha releases (send me an email if you want to alpha test, [email protected]).

One notable change is that FARR now tries to launch shortcuts using its helper launcher exe (by default but there is an option to revert to old behavior).  In the past it tried to resolve shortcuts and launch applications directly. I believe this was done because some shortcuts can cause a delay while launching and launching the programs directly doesnt suffer this.  But then I think the helper launch tool obviated the need for this.. But i'm not positive.. So let's hear if you guys experience any issues.

After the next round of improvements I will try to do some speed optimization, then hopefully we can get v2 into public beta release.

I'll also do a little bit more work on the plugin(s) i will release with FARR and then release the plugin API and we can have a little contest for best FARR plugins (so start learning how to make DLLs in your favorite language if you don't know how to already).

mouser:
New version is up (2.00.65), which has some non-trivial changes to the aliases.

Most importantly is the new addition of a checkbox in each alias that marks it as a built-in default alias, which will be OVERWRITTEN on update. This is very important because it means that users should not modify these aliases (if you want to modify them, make a copy of them and disable the original, or uncheck the built-in/readonly checkbox to indicate you never want it ever updated).

This change was important because it will now allow me to improve the default aliases.  A special backup is now made of your ini file every time a new version of farr is installed so you will have backups in case something goes wrong. Those of you who have customized your aliases may need to re-tweak them again and there may be a case (i think the email alias) where you find a duplicate old alias that might need deleting.

I would *strongly* appreciate any suggestions about aliases i should add.  There are a few aliases that really need some more entries in them, and i encourage users to post their suggestions here.

You'll also find a bunch of new aliases in this version, including a special helpfarr alias which shows you a menu of more farr built-in search phrases.  See the help file as usual for more details, and version history on the first post in this thread.

Hopefully i can move to plugins/visualupdates/speedoptimization with next update.

--

ps. I hope these new alias changes don't cause too many headaches for existing users -- please realize it was important to do so to make sure we could fix and update these default aliases when the need arises because we see a better way to do something.

defiant91:
i would like a download link please.

ss0007:
H i ,
I would like to try the FARR v2.00.65 ALPHA PREVIEW Release  ...
Pls send me the link ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version