ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (71/173) > >>

mouser:
I'll fix the problem with scores setting to 0.

justice:
Are you looking into making FARR more compatible with Vista:

* FARR seems to write out settings (to itself?) when the app is closed. This does not work in VISTA unless the app is run as administrator. Windows Defender will not start apps that require administrator privs on startup -> have to start FARR manually -- then UAC prompt appears. 
* Because you can/t know in advance when you're going to change FARR options, you'll always run it in admin privs mode
* Because of the prompt and increased security it's hard to instantly use it, so it takes away the most positive thing about FARR -- speed  and ease of usage.
* tray Icon does not blend in with transparency
* status bar of FARR is cut off at 2/3th heightThanks for your great work. It's very much appreciated.

mouser:
Thanks for the report, sounds like i have to do some Vista compatible improvements. I think i can solve these easily by just using the Documents and Settings location for config file by default instead of application directory, which i do now, which is what is presumably causing the issues.

justice:
I did notice WinRar not being allowed to extract into Program Files anymore so you might be right. Thanks again.  :Thmbsup: I'll add a screenshot to show you the layout issues.

mja:
justice - thanks for pointing these issues out. I just installed FARR on my Vista PC at home and noticed this same list of issues. I manually edited the config file and after that changes in the options dialog started getting saved like normal.

Are you looking into making FARR more compatible with Vista:

* FARR seems to write out settings (to itself?) when the app is closed. This does not work in VISTA unless the app is run as administrator. Windows Defender will not start apps that require administrator privs on startup -> have to start FARR manually -- then UAC prompt appears. 
* Because you can/t know in advance when you're going to change FARR options, you'll always run it in admin privs mode
* Because of the prompt and increased security it's hard to instantly use it, so it takes away the most positive thing about FARR -- speed  and ease of usage.
* tray Icon does not blend in with transparency
* status bar of FARR is cut off at 2/3th heightThanks for your great work. It's very much appreciated.
-justice (March 02, 2007, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version