ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (38/173) > >>

mouser:
in general, png is almost always best for screenshots - it's lossless like bmp but compressed (bmps can get huge).
jpg is good for photographs but not so good for things like screenshots.

JennyB:
i think we are thinking very much alike - it's just in my implementation, the first time you hit escape it brings you to the edit box (assuming you arent there already).  If you hit escape from within the edit box, it does exactly as you say and highlights the existing search so that you can type a new one.  And if you hit escape while the existing text is highlighted then it closes the window.  I find this pretty natural but i'm willing to make escape highlight the complete text right away (the extra step makes it a little easier to hit escape to interrupt a search and ADD terms).  So basically escape operates in stages, always canceling current operation and putting you back a step.

-mouser (January 19, 2007, 01:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I'd forgotten about the "escape to edit box" stage. Turns out I was using it without thinking about it, a sure sign that it's a GOOD IDEA.

My suggestion is to change the "escape in edit box" because:

* It's not an intuitive thing for escape to do. It feels like a hack.

* The next move is going to delete the search string and remove the search results anyway, so why not delete it now?

* If you do that (i.e. press delete after escape as currently set) you get a sensible escape action - you are in the same state as if you had started FARR afresh.

mouser:
I've just uploaded v 2.00.37 - with TONS of improvements and changes.  I wanted to get this up tonight so i expect that there may be some oddities and little bugs, but the major functionality for v2 is all in place now.

Help items for the new stuff is still very very sparse but i'll be filling it out this week.  Feel free to ask what the new options and stuff do here if you can't figure it out.

My new favorite feature - the new skin combo box which makes it super easy to preview skins.,

lanux128:
looks good, mouser. the aliases are working again eventhough not the open all aliases shortcut (Ctrl+Enter).. i like the new "File vs. Folder Score Ratio" settings but on the results box, the spacing could be reduced for a slimmer looking results.. :)

mouser:
Ctrl+Alt+Enter launches all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version