ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (37/173) > >>

Babis:
Well I make full use of escape as it is. If you are in results list and hit Esc you go back to the search bar.

The only small improvement I want for Escape is when I return to the search bar to have the previous search highlighted. Now the cursor stays at the end of search text. Please make it to highlight all the searched text so that the new search starts immediately.

Screenshots of what it does now and what I suggest

CodeTRUCKER:
Well I make full use of escape as it is. If you are in results list and hit Esc you go back to the search bar.

The only small improvement I want for Escape is when I return to the search bar to have the previous search highlighted. Now the cursor stays at the end of search text. Please make it to highlight all the searched text so that the new search starts immediately.

-Babis (January 19, 2007, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent suggestion, but I think someone beat you to it.  My FARR does this already!  What version do you have... mine is 2.00.35?

Mouser - per chance, is there a setting for this behavior?

mouser:
i think we are thinking very much alike - it's just in my implementation, the first time you hit escape it brings you to the edit box (assuming you arent there already).  If you hit escape from within the edit box, it does exactly as you say and highlights the existing search so that you can type a new one.  And if you hit escape while the existing text is highlighted then it closes the window.  I find this pretty natural but i'm willing to make escape highlight the complete text right away (the extra step makes it a little easier to hit escape to interrupt a search and ADD terms).  So basically escape operates in stages, always canceling current operation and putting you back a step.

Babis, you still need to get your self an improved screenshot tool which takes png images which wont have all that noise you see in your imags.  I still recommend my own Screenshot Captor (visit web page here).

lanux128:
Babis, you still need to get your self an improved screenshot tool which takes png images which wont have all that noise you see in your imags.  I still recommend my own Screenshot Captor
--- End quote ---

yeah Babis, do us all a favour.. ;) or at least increase the JPG quality to at least 85.

Babis:
Babis, you still need to get your self an improved screenshot tool which takes png images which wont have all that noise you see in your imags.  I still recommend my own Screenshot Captor (visit web page here).
-mouser (January 19, 2007, 01:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am using HyperSnap, but I will try screenshotcaptor.
I made the original pics small only to load faster and not waste your bandwith
BTW I updated now with bmps

i think we are thinking very much alike - it's just in my implementation, the first time you hit escape it brings you to the edit box (assuming you arent there already).  If you hit escape from within the edit box, it does exactly as you say and highlights the existing search so that you can type a new one.  And if you hit escape while the existing text is highlighted then it closes the window.  I find this pretty natural but i'm willing to make escape highlight the complete text right away (the extra step makes it a little easier to hit escape to interrupt a search and ADD terms).  So basically escape operates in stages, always canceling current operation and putting you back a step.
-mouser (January 19, 2007, 01:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well I haven't noticed that you have to hit twice escape.
Now I am covered so you can ignore the request.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version