ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (36/173) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
We may need to add a "Go to Directory" and "Go to Target"  items to the R/C menu.

The "Jump to directory" menu choice let's you view, but I often need to copy/paste from one dir to another.  My computer is also a repository of data files and setup.exe files that I have to copy to a USB drive for various users.

If someone knows this is already included, please advise how it works.

Thanks!

mouser:
i think the options are all there that you are asking for..

the "jump" puts the directory of the item in the farr built in text edit field.
the others launch your file browser or copy item path.

CodeTRUCKER:
i think the options are all there that you are asking for..
[ Invalid Attachment ]

the "jump" puts the directory of the item in the farr built in text edit field.
the others launch your file browser or copy item path.
-mouser (January 18, 2007, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Roger!  Sorry for the bother.  I guess I just didn't see them.

Thanks!

CodeTRUCKER:
Maybe watching 200 million highway stripes go by while I drove a truck has made me somewhat mundane, but I am perfectly content with the default skin!   Besides the sheer undecorated utility reminds me of a robot.  Can one of our resident "Rembrandts" maybe do a mock-up of a skin that looks "robotic?"  (Sorry, that was just an uncontrollable flight of wild fantastical imagination!)

JennyB:
The "Jump to directory" menu choice let's you view, but I often need to copy/paste from one dir to another.  My computer is also a repository of data files and setup.exe files that I have to copy to a USB drive for various users.

If someone knows this is already included, please advise how it works.

Thanks!
-Farmsteader (January 17, 2007, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Other way to do this now - "launching" a folder copies its path to the search box, so that it appears as the first entry in the results.

Find and launch your destination folder.
Hit Enter to open it in your file manager.
Find your source files in FARR and Control-drop them to the file manager.

This works very well - thanks Mouser!

Two small points:

* Drop and Control-drop work as expected, but the drag icon is the same for each.

* Left-arrow in the results window doesn't do anything now in a launched unless it's on the directory entry, which makes sense. But when you have a set of results from varying directories, could it "launch" the parent directory of the selected directory\file?
Another idea: couldn't ESC now clear the search window and show the history list?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version