ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (21/173) > >>

Babis:
Thanks for the excellent release.

Please consider to add "Size" in the columns, it will be very handy and useful

edit: Also it would be nice if I could use the "delete" button. It seems that in order to delete an item from the list I have to go
appskey>shell context menu>delete
I would like just to press delete when I am on the list, if possible.

jdmarch:
> Size, Delete

Both of these questions, as well as some earlier ones, are basically asking for FARR to incrementally take on more and more of the role of a file explorer/browser. While this is a very tempting idea, I don't think that such features should be added on piecemeal. What about showing/changing the file timestamp? Showing/changing attributes? What about rename? Bulk rename? What about copy/move? Hmm, so what about showing both source & target panes? What about drilling down into zip/archive files?

BUT... there already are some superb 3rd party file explorers (Total Comander for me), and mouser still has on his plate, almost untouched, a whole pile of strategic questions to address for FARR 3 that directly relate to FARR's central job of being a launcher on steroids.

JennyB:
> Size, Delete

BUT... there already are some superb 3rd party file explorers (Total Comander for me), and mouser still has on his plate, almost untouched, a whole pile of strategic questions to address for FARR 3 that directly relate to FARR's central job of being a launcher on steroids.
-jdmarch (January 09, 2007, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. My original idea of showing the entire directory listing was based on the idea that this might be faster than running the search again. If it isn't, forget it.

For now, I find myself using FARR2 a lot to open directories in DOpus. Once you've opened the first one, it goes very fast, and I don't see any amount of extensions to FaRR being able to compete.  In fact, maybe the default action for directories should be to launch the file manager. After all, that is the program "associated" with directories, isn't it?

I think too, that in real use, when you want to look for something under a particular directory, you'll do \dirna... TAB filena.. 

In other words, when you want to do a path completion you nearly always want to do it on the first entry. Otherwise "Select, Right-Arrow" is fast enough.

mouser:
im going to come back to some of these display issues in a bit.
meanwhile v2.00.23 is released as of jan 12, with lots of tweaking (see first post in thread for change history).
download is at same url as previous alpha version.

mja:
Alright I can't wait any longer. Mouser can I get a link to the newest Find & Run link. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version