ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (18/173) > >>

jcmn:
I just began test this version 2 and I'm quite impressed by the power and simplicity. I have only one tiny suggestion: to be possible to sort results by modification date and not only by scoring.

jdmarch:
Mouser, I *mostly* like the new ranking method. But what I don't like is that a blank search no longer shows launch history in Most-recently-used order.

When I first press the FARR hot key, I want the most recently accessed program at the top, and so on down the list, the way it used to be (because I'll tend to run things in clumps.)

But when I start to type, then I'm looking for something that did not run very recently (or I would have just picked it from the afore-mentioned MRU list.) So then I want scoring to come into play.

Make any sense?

Thanks!

mouser:
jdmarch, what you are saying makes some sense - i'll add an option for it (in for a penny, in for a pound).
or do we think that having it always operate that way is preferable and no option to order it by score is even needed?

jgpaiva:
I'd go for that being the default behaviour and not adding another option. I can't think of any situation where that would be handy. If one wants to keep a listof most frequently ran programs on the blank search, that person should use a default alias.

[edit] jdmarch: do you have the latest build? i think i reported this to mouser not much time ago and he fixed it... [/edit]

jdmarch:
jgpaiva: I'm running FARR 2.00.08.

mouser: No strong opinion. Hard to say, but I don't think I'd turn this option off. But let's see, suppose I wanted to run a program, which I knew I use pretty often, but I was simply blanking on its name (happens more than I would like!) Then this option might be useful. But one does want to avoid a confusing surfeit of options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version