ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (152/173) > >>

mouser:
farr actually does track the program that was active before it was triggered, and i will be adding variables for accessing window name, exe name, pid (process id), so that you could do the things you are talking about with pkill example.

i'm not sure i followed your notepad example though..

what i thought you were starting to suggest, which is a very interesting idea, was to trigger different responses based on the program running when you hit the hotkey..  definitely an interesting idea..  so if you brought up farr while working in Outlook, you might have farr start up with your alias for outlook clip text pasting menu.

Nod5:
farr actually does track the program that was active before it was triggered, and i will be adding variables for accessing window name, exe name, pid (process id), so that you could do the things you are talking about with pkill example.-mouser (July 20, 2007, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:

My notepad example was unclear. What I meant is perhaps clearer here:
User selects the text "football is a really great sport - I just love it" in some window. Starts FARR, types "addnote selected" and thus adds the whole selected text to the notefile. The first part, "addnote", is an already existing alias. The second part, "selected" is the variable for the selected text. End result: the notefile associated with addnote gets appended with "football is a really great sport - I just love it"

Another question (probably an old newbie question but I didnt find an answer on a quick search): sometimes a search gets 10-30 matches. If I have set FARR max entries to display to 10, can I still jump to results 10-20, 20-30 ... somehow? For example, can I redo the same search but this time around (temporarily, for this search only) ignore the previous 10 matches?

mouser:
Another question (probably an old newbie question but I didnt find an answer on a quick search): sometimes a search gets 10-30 matches. If I have set FARR max entries to display to 10, can I still jump to results 10-20, 20-30 ..
--- End quote ---

add +sall to your search.

The second part, "selected" is the variable for the selected text.
--- End quote ---
This is *supposed* to work already when you type $c but it doesnt seem to be working.. fixing now.

Nod5:
thanks!
edit:
The second part, "selected" is the variable for the selected text.
--- End quote ---
This is *supposed* to work already when you type $c but it doesnt seem to be working.. fixing now.
-mouser (July 20, 2007, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
When starting FARR with CTRL+BREAK then "addnote $c" works for me. I want FARR to always keep track of the previously selected text, but I'm not sure if I want it to always put that text on the clipboard. I want it on the clipboard only when I trigger some command in FARR and FARR needs to put stuff on the clipboard to carry out that command. So if I open FARR and then just close it again, I'd want my clipboard contents prior to starting FARR to be intact.

zpyang:
Could you give me a copy for testing? Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version