ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (149/173) > >>

mouser:
i'm working to make it feel more responsive.

zajc:
I noticed the same issue as "nitrix-ud".

Anyway, keep up the good work :Thmbsup:

mouser:
new version is up -- those of you who prefered the old refresh method -- can you see if this one is any better.

keep in mind, yes there is a slight delay now between your keypress and the update of the display of results, but in fact the underlying search should be a little faster.

that's not to say that you won't prefer the old method. just a reminder that we aren't talking about a slower search.

anyway, let me know what you think since i'm making some hard decisions here about how this should work.

nitrix-ud:
new version is up -- those of you who prefered the old refresh method -- can you see if this one is any better.
--- End quote ---

it's not that i prefer the old refresh method, it's more that i prefer the old feel of the search box
i just feel it is not as "free" as before ... when typing or backspacing

keep in mind, yes there is a slight delay now between your keypress and the update of the display of results, but in fact the underlying search should be a little faster.
--- End quote ---

the delay between keypresses and update of the display of results is not my concern (although it would be great to choose which it is), what really concerns me is the fact I feel that the search box is linked to the display of results...
i'm not in the internals of FARR here... but is it possible to have a routine monitoring the search box and taking care of updating instead of (WARNING !!!   :D WILD GUESS) keypresses in the search box launching updates (with delays) of the display of results...

[edit]
i forgot to tell you that IT IS better !!
keep up the good work

jdmarch:
I wasn't one who preferred the old refresh method, but I *was* silently concerned with a slight new feel of unresponsiveness which I did not analyze earlier. With the newest version, I think I can pin it down as follows (seems that this is what nitrix is saying too):

Yes, the result display is better. But the feel of unresponsiveness is not because of the result display but because of the display of the keys as I type them (just that one line). The user should never have any doubt whether her keystrokes have been received... or worse, be in any doubt about what keystrokes she has already typed. When a keystroke is received, top priority should be to update this line.

Mind you, this is really borderline, really close to perfect, just not quite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version