ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (148/173) > >>

nitrix-ud:
I have made a big under-the-hood change the way that the window is refreshed with new contents.

There is a fair chance that this update will have a bug or two in display updating in some cases but i wanted to push it out to get bug reports coming in as soon as possible.

The new refresh is *MUCH* smoother -- if you try out previous versions, expecially in directory browsing, you would see lots of "flickering" as new window contents were updated and window was shrunk and resized.  You should find now a much gentler update of window contents.

Let me know what you think.
--- End quote ---

this rocks !  :D
mo more flickering
 :Thmbsup:

Implemented small (500ms) delay between updating of results -- yields much faster directory browsing and somewhat faster display of results when there are lots of results.
--- End quote ---
It would be great if one could set up the delay between updating of results...
I almost always use FARR with aliases (folder modifier with action modifier, ...) so in fact i have the impression the delay (even small) does not yield to faster display of results

mouser:
what i can do is force update IMMEDIATELY after aliases are found, which would solve this problem.

nitrix-ud:
@mouser

i'm mainly using "dosearch alias", so i'm not sure it would work

i type the "dosearch alias", then the search terms...

Cheers, Nitrix

jdmarch:
130... much cleaner display, lovely.

nitrix-ud:
@mouser,

since the new "refresh result routines", i have the impression that the search edit box is not as "free" as before
sometimes there is a (very very small) delay to show what i type or what i delete

i reinstalled a previous version (a private 2.00.129 where the refresh routines were not implemented yet) and although there are many flickering...
the search edit box feels much more responsive

In conclusion, i prefer the responsiveness of the search edit box than the "non flickering" of the result list
(that is if we cannot have both ! ;))

if it is only linked to the new small delay implemented between result updating, i would be great to be able to set it (even in the FARR ini...)

Keep up the good work  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version