ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (11/173) > >>

mouser:
also, how do i turn off the frightening big bold text on the edit line? ;)
-lanux128 (December 25, 2006, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

i was afraid not everyone would love that.. looks like i will have to add an option to go back to normal..

mouser:
I can't tell you all how helpfull it is to have your bug reports and suggestions.. Really makes it fun.

ps.
Josh found another real bug: the directory searching stuff has messed up any aliases with / and \ in them, so you can no longer type: "http://www.amazon.com" and be offered to browse to it, since the regex never sees the // any more.  will be fixed in next update.

lanux128:
I can't tell you all how helpfull it is to have your bug reports and suggestions.. Really makes it fun.-mouser (December 26, 2006, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
glad to hear that, mouser..

btw, my rationale behind the copy path action is mentioned here in this thread.

but please disregard it because i feel that the Ctrl+C shortcut is sufficient enough.. :)

JennyB:

1. Directory searching is great. Very handy to use Right arrow (easier than Alt+Right) to browse into a folder. The Left arrow doesn't work as well because you have to go down into the search results to use it, and if there are no search results then you can't do that, so it's easier just to get in the habit of using Alt+Left.

-jdmarch (December 25, 2006, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm beginning to think that directory browsing should be handled slightly differently. Sometimes I want a file and I can't remember its name, but I sort of know the name of either the directory or another file in it. So I look for that select it and...

Left or right arrow should now bring up a list of *all* the file names in that directory.  That should be faster than the search FaRR does at present, which in practice brings up just ten from the same list.  Now you can browse around using the just the arrow keys. Left arrow selects the first item in the parent folder.  Right arrow does nothing on a file or an empty folder, otherwise it opens the folder selects the first item in it. From the context menu you can do all the usual things, and if you need more details you can open the selected file or folder in a file manager.

Focus doesn't go to the search window until you type a printable character, which begins a new FaRR search rooted in that directory.

jdmarch:
You actually dont need to use the * with folders or files, it will find patterns that have just the first few letters already.  the only time to use * is when you want like *.mp3 file patterns.  otherwise just do ABC and FARR interprets that as *ABC*.
-mouser (December 26, 2006, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood! (That's what has made FARR so user-friendly all along.) But now with the universe of FARR-accessible folders and files so much larger, it becomes useful at times to do explicit narrowing of the search, with the most common two examples being your example (*.xxx) and mine (XXX*). So why not have wildcard searches include both files and folders? Folders ending in *.xxx are extremely rare, so this capability would not interfere with your example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version