ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (6/173) > >>

mouser:
\\ has to be at end to mean only show folders
if its in the middle it means match any intervening folder (in other words a\\c will match path a\b\c but not a\b1\b2\c)

ok im not sure i can make enter copy path ill have to think about it, BUT
at the least i can let you configure copy path as one of the actions available in options to associate with ctrl+# or alt+ctrl+#, etc.

lanux128:
ok, i get it now.. btw, the ability to configure the copy path action is very good..

mouser:
thanks for the great suggestions JennyB, i will implement/fix.

JennyB:

Actually, i just tried, and that doesn't happen with removable drives! (if the drive isn't there, the file from the history isn't displayed)
So... No problems :D
-jgpaiva (December 21, 2006, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked that and you're right. The default list always only shows valid files, which is good. What's more, CD/DVD drives work OK so long as you keep a disc (any old disc will do) in place after you've picked one file.  If you pick a file from one CD and then pop the CD and put another in, the file disappears from the list. It comes back when the right CD is inserted.

It would be nice, though, if that message box were caught so that an empty drive behavĂ­ed the same as a removed drive.

JennyB:
ok, i get it now.. btw, the ability to configure the copy path action is very good..

-lanux128 (December 21, 2006, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

-lanux128 (December 21, 2006, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Were you using "Copy Path" to paste it into the search window? I did a lot of that until I discovered the RIGHT arrow.  :-[

@Mouser I've just worked out what "Search for All Matches" does  :Thmbsup:

Shouldn't this be a global thing like a Maximise button?

Maybe it should be the Maximise button: when it's on F&RR displays all the search results, when it's off it stops looking when the window's full. The setting could be preserved as you go in and out of directories with the arrow keys, so you could use the results window for many jobs where you'd otherwise want to open a file manager.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version