ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (45/173) > >>

Armando:
Thanks Mouser.

quickly, 2 things :

- If I set FARR to display extra columns (type, score, ....) and when set to "auto-shrink", the result field is jumpy when it reaches bottom of the screen (comlumns "jump" horizontaly). (jumpy BEahavior will be a bit less distracting if I set a fixed size for the window -- but it seems that I sometime ran in the issue of FARR changing my set size for the window... Have do double check that assertion thouhg)
- If I set the "inactive memory use" to "Stay in memory longer", FARR sometimes stalls (it won't appear when I press the hotkey and the taskmanger will show relatively high CPU activity -- more than 30% -- for the process. So, for now, I keep the "average" setting -- noproblem with this one.

That's it for now...

A.

Armando:
Another thing I noticed :

Sometimes, FARR will have to be "closed" and "relaunched" with the hotkey to have it start searching normally again or to  show the history list (blanking the search field) -- otherwise it just doesn't search or show history when blanking the search field.

This happens when I double click on a result to open it (I know... I'm note supposed to use the mouse! But I’m testing!). After the file is opened, if I then blank the field or change the characters in the search filed it will not do anything.

I don't know if it will happen in other circumstances.

Hope that my clumsy English is understandable…

A.

Arjen:
I just had the following when starting FARR 2.00.39:

When it started up, it showed a results window that was completely blank.

After I started typing it looked like this:

I have the "Auto shrink window" and "Blank search shows launch history" options on.

mouser:
hmm.. what on earth have i done.. and why aren't these things happening for me..
sounds like an issue with my autoshrink timer - ill have another look.
now we know why these are still alphas  :-\

Armando:
hmm.. what on earth have i done.. and why aren't these things happening for me..
sounds like an issue with my autoshrink timer - ill have another look.
now we know why these are still alphas  :-\
-mouser (January 30, 2007, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry, in taht case, even Win Xp service-pack 2 is alpha...  :) after billions of $ and many years of work.
FARR is perfectly useable as it is since I use it once every 5min!!!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version