ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (43/173) > >>

Josh:
First off, let me say that farr is really coming along nicely. That said, there are still a few things I would like to see incorporated into farr prior to 2.0 going gold, if possible.

OK, here is a list:

Creating a separate tab and distinction for KEYWORDS as opposed to aliases

This one would provide a way for users to add KEYWORDS which are designed to launch a single process, file, or link without the need for the complex add alias dialog. This would also add for a bit more organization.

Windows Logo Key support

This would allow for users to get one step closer to treating this as a true replacement for the Windows start menu. Actually, allen had a great idea that could also be added here where FARR would intercept the Windows logo key press altogether and process it AS the start menu since FARR, by default, searches the start menu. See his posts here

Access to the IE/FF/Opera URL history list

This would be VERY VERY useful for users to access, quickly, their previously typed URL's from their browsers history. This would be fairly easy for IE, not sure about opera/firefox, and would allow us to quickly gain access to past URL's and can also be invoked with the www alias which currently exists.

These are some features I would love to see make it into FARR 2.0 Gold (Beta, since your beta is final, and alpha is beta ;-) ).  I think JGPAIVA has a list of things he would like to see as well, perhaps he could post here too.

jgpaiva:
These are some features I would love to see make it into FARR 2.0 Gold (Beta, since your beta is final, and alpha is beta ;-) ).  I think JGPAIVA has a list of things he would like to see as well, perhaps he could post here too.
-Josh (January 24, 2007, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well... As far as farr's 2.0 version goes, i don't think i have any special requests, since mouser made a great work in fufilling them all.
Now, iirc the only 2 things missing are indexing and "actions", but that's for V3.

kfitting:
I'd like to second the windows key support... that would be pretty cool.

Kevin

Armando:
Gee. I was using X1 and Copernic today and, although I'm using them for a different purpose than FARR, I must say that I find FARR much more reliable and predictable. X1 is sluggish and doesn't index my biggest documents completely, copernic refuses to show (in preview window) big documents completely, etc. And both crash from time to time. FARR has not even crashed once in a year and WORKS REALLY WELL for what it's meant to do.
I have to congratulate you again Mouser! I know that words of thanks are not money  :), but... in the mean time.
Armando.

Babis:
i will put on my todo list an option for grabbing/showing/sorting/biasing-scores by date.
it may slow things down a little so ill make it optional.
-mouser (January 24, 2007, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

That will make it perfect. Please try to implement at version 2.

Gee. I was using X1 and Copernic today and, although I'm using them for a different purpose than FARR, I must say that I find FARR much more reliable and predictable. X1 is sluggish and doesn't index my biggest documents completely, copernic refuses to show (in preview window) big documents completely, etc. And both crash from time to time. FARR has not even crashed once in a year and WORKS REALLY WELL for what it's meant to do.
I have to congratulate you again Mouser! I know that words of thanks are not money  :), but... in the mean time.
Armando.

-Armando (January 24, 2007, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try DTSEARCH you will be amazed with the quality difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version