ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

TPClock - v1d - December 19, 2006

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
I think the -500 thing might be the cause of the problem -
since i have a multimonitor setup, -500 seems to put it floating on the other monitor :)

How about simply do an Application->Minimize() after it starts?

app103:
look in the object inspector at the form's properties.

try setting WindowState to wsMinimized

TPReal:
For me the first problem is - why the heck the form is visible, no matter if it's Visible or not, if you catch my drift. So when I set the form to be wsMinimized, at startup I can see the window "flying" from its original position to the Start bar, and then disappearing. I didn't want to have this effect, that's why I set Left=-500;, and really I didn't think about the case with multimonitor setup :)
Now you have here another ultra-elegant solution - Top is like 5000 and the form is wsMinimized :) so the window flies from the area under the screen so you don't see it.
Buf it you guys know a method to hide the only form of an app, that would be the best solution probably.

mouser:
Delphi and C++ Builder do not like their main form to be invisible, that's why you are having the troubles, but it can be done.  I'll try to find the technique i use a little bit later if you don't find it yourself on google GROUPS (usenet), that's where i find most of these tricks out (search for Delphi not C++ Builder).

TPReal:
:-) Couldn't be any easier:
Application->ShowMainForm=0;
Thanks, I never used Google Groups, seems useful.
Time to review all my projects and change to this method :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version