ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Replacement Power Options applet

<< < (7/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Right it allows my computer to go to sleep (and hibernate after a couple of hours) - the proof of the pudding will be to see what happens when I load the CPU for a long period - I'll try that tomorrow.
-Carol Haynes (January 18, 2007, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm ... the pudding just burst.

To keep my system busy I ran a stress tester (the nVidia stress test which stresses most system components in a continuous loop) for 2 hours but LowToSleep didn't manage to keep the computer awake ? CPU usage was continuously high throughout.

skrommel:
 :tellme: My problem was the oposite... How does LowToSleep v1.5 work?

Skrommel

Carol Haynes:
I haven't left it long enough to see if it hibernates but it still turns off the screen and hard discs (set up in Power Options Applet), which it shouldn't do, so I suspect it will still hibernate at the appropriate time.

skrommel:
 :tellme: Hmmm... On my FSC Amilo laptop it behaves like it should. Could there be different power save implementations depending on brand?

Try lowering the idleduration=30 or =1 to test it, and see if that makes a difference.

Skrommel

Carol Haynes:
Nope - changed it to 1 and it made no difference.

Here is my Power Options applet:

The battery options are because I have a USB UPS which WinXP recognises as a battery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version