ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Volt - v0.0.6 - December 17, 2006

<< < (3/5) > >>

skywalka:
Hi skwire.  Thanx for sharing this.

I love the leftclick mute functionality & the small mixer panel.

I'd also like to see the volume represented by a simple bar in the tray like VolumeTray.  Preferrably not green & red because that would be too similar to various task managers.

NirSorft Volumouse allows you to change the volume with the mouse only (no keyboard required) which is why I'll stick with that for now.

I made the mistake of opeining the options dialogue when it was already opened:
---------------------------
Volt.exe
Error: The same variable cannot be used for more than one control per window.  The current thread will exit.

Specifically: vddl_TrayMenu_Click_1

Line#
--->   168: Gui,3: Add,DropDownList,xs+55  ys+20 w130 h20 Choose%ddl_TrayMenu_Click_1% AltSubmit R4 vddl_TrayMenu_Click_1,Mute|Volume Slider|Playback Mixer Panel|Recorder Mixer Panel

OK   

skwire:
Hi skwire.  Thanx for sharing this.
-skywalka (July 27, 2007, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.

I'd also like to see the volume represented by a simple bar in the tray like VolumeTray.  Preferrably not green & red because that would be too similar to various task managers.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you mean here since you can use VolumeTray skins with Volt.  Is there a certain VolumeTray skin you're talking about?  If not, can you provide an image of what you want and I can make you a custom skin for Volt.

NirSorft Volumouse allows you to change the volume with the mouse only (no keyboard required) which is why I'll stick with that for now.
--- End quote ---

This is a great utility.   I don't use the default Windows shell so, unfortunately, some of its keyboard-less functionality doesn't work for me.  I do have a lot of its keyboard-less functionality built into my main AutoHotkey script, though.

I made the mistake of opeining the options dialogue when it was already opened:
--- End quote ---

Aye, thanks for telling me this.  I'll fix it in the next release.  Also, for the next release, I have implemented a simple OSD per jbeek's request.  Here's a screenshot:

It's bitmap based, so it's easy to make your own customised OSD bar.  What do you think?

skywalka:
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you mean here
-skwire (July 27, 2007, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's cause I'm an idiot who didn't realise the skins were for the system tray icon. :loopy:  While were on the subject, I don't know why you don't use a skin with the bar as default.  I'd also prefer the bar to take up the whole width of the icon but now I'm getting picky. :)

for the next release, I have implemented a simple OSD per jbeek's request.  It's bitmap based, so it's easy to make your own customised OSD bar.  What do you think?
-skwire (July 27, 2007, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I like to have the system tray icon so that you can see the volume without having to change it, but when it comes to changing, an OSD is optimum & that one looks just fine.

jbeek:
I like to have the system tray icon so that you can see the volume without having to change it, but when it comes to changing, an OSD is optimum & that one looks just fine.
-skywalka (July 27, 2007, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I use VolumeTray's "BlackSquare" tray icon ... it's simple in that it is a black square with a vertical bar indicating volume level, and a big red "X" on top when mute is on.

ander2255:
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd mention that I had to use Windows XP Compatibility Mode to get Volt (1.0.1 build 3) to work with Windows 7. Also:

...For the next release, I have implemented a simple OSD per jbeek's request.  Here's a screenshot... It's bitmap based, so it's easy to make your own customised OSD bar.-skwire (July 27, 2007, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was nearly four years ago. Do you still plan to release a new version? The graphic OSD would be useful. (When I saw the OSD composed of text characters, I assumed it was just more Win 7 incompatibility... It is nostalgic, though!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version