ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Whats Its Color - December 25, 2006

<< < (2/7) > >>

Veign:
Thanx. 

What's being worked on now:
- A feature that will let you discard white backgrounds in an image which can throw off the calculations.
- Some method for displaying a visual representation of the color make-up of an image.  Kinda like a histogram but different.

Veign:
I removed the versioning information from this post since its an online application and I really don't want to keep versioning info.

Also, I added the Discard White Background option to give better results with images with large white backgrounds - since the white throws off the calculations. 

I'm thinking I could add a Remove Background from the calculations options by automatically throwing out the color in the 1,1 position of an image.  Might be an OK assumption that covers most images with a background.   WIll play around with this in the future.

Veign:
It will now automatically detect the background color and remove it from calculations if requested.  Now I just need to speed things up as much as possible.

Arjen:
Nice.

Maybe if the user chooses "discard background" you could take the second most dominant color?

481200 Total pixels in this image
481157 Pixels Have Been Evaluated
--- End quote ---

What happened to those 3 pixels?

Veign:
Did you choose to discard the background color?  If so then the color at 10,10 was sampled and removed from the calculations.  If it was not the actual background color then thats what happened.

If you have an image causing weird results than you can email me it so I could evaluate things better.

If I get time this week I will be working on a Top 3 list to list the top 3 colors in the image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version