ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

FreePcSecurity - v1.00.01 - December 14, 2006

<< < (3/4) > >>

-User-:
Another endorsement for Comodo Personal Firewall here - have had experience w/~7 or 8 different firewalls over the last ~4 yrs & nothing else really compares.  Comprehensive control, essentially glitch free, as easy or as complex to use as you want, & it (also Jetico, but it's significantly more difficult to use) blows away all competition @ any price (& it's free).  I love this firewall!

Also gotta highly recommend Spyware Terminator - between it & Comodo, I've never felt more informed or secure.

(Sorta wondering why you chose AVG instead of AntiVir - I realize that people like AVG's GUI, but AntiVir has offered better protection, certainly over the past year or so, & it's not that difficult to figure out.  The only complaint peolple have w/it is that the updates can take forever but that's no problem @ all provided you do it while most of Europe is asleep.)

Cool idea but unfortunately I suspect that the people who need a prg like this to motivate themselves to do some necessary DL'ing will probably also need some help setting things up.  It'll be interesting to see what kind of response it receives tho (I could easily be wrong).

dementedmuppet:
All of the responses are appreciated.  I would really like for the app to have the best freeware security programs.  Everything currently in it is from the website you can access from the last button on the app.  The site belongs to a friend of mine who provides technical and security support to his clients in Southern Ohio.  Since most people don't take the time to help those who lack security knowledge, I've found it was easiest to refer people to his site when they asked for help.

Continued input is certainly welcome since the program will be updated periodically to provide the best free security information available.

I've asked my friend to review your comments and I hope he will provide further input.  It would be nice if more people were like him and benevolently spent the time to provide the type of information available on his site. 

Lashiec:
Did you research Wilders Security forums for example? Seems Spyware Terminator is high on any "recommended" list - regardless of dark past (Crawler). If I remember correctly they dont try to hide past but claim to have seen the light, check their forum.

Last I tried it program was being updated over and over, people like that - especially when free. Biggest danger is probably it turns payware as their Corporate Edition, or becomes crippled freeware. Lots of features to remove http://www.spywareterminator.com/app/features.aspx

Lots of other programs encourage users to advertise wherever they are, like http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ Company cant be responsible for users action/spam. 
-dk70 (January 09, 2007, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree. I use Spyware Terminator from time to time, but I'm still suspicious of its nature due to this unfortunate past. Although the guys are now on the right path, some things on the program don't make feel exactly right...

Anyway, good idea you had there, dementedmuppet. It's perfect for this really lazy people that can't go to a few websites to have an improved security (I'm describing almost all my friends... ;D)

kyrathaba:
Lots of other programs encourage users to advertise wherever they are, like http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ Company cant be responsible for users action/spam
--- End quote ---

Regarding my previous comment about Spyware Terminator:

I wasn't "plugging"/pushing it.  It's just an app I've used with some success at catching problems with.  I like the fact that there are regular updates to the ClamAV definitions.  And, near as I can tell, it's not a rogue application in any sense that I would use the word "rogue".

3CISS:
Thank you very much dementedmuppet for all your support. I can't think of words kind enough for your efforts. You have certainly come a long way over the years. Your app looks great in my opinion. Every app has a fan and a heckler. You can expect there to be people who like it and some that don't. I think you've done a wonderful job. It's personalized with your style, who can criticize that? As with any program ever written, it will develop over time. Things don't come over night. My website has grown over the years in style and focus. So I commend you on a job very well done....And again, thanks for supporting my website, it's there for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version