ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (16/22) > >>

Nod5:
I use FinePrint a lot at work. It's perfect for printing journal articles with two pages on each sheet of paper (or actually four since I print on both sides of the paper).

One thing I miss in FinePrint: being able to print three (partly overlapping) pages on one sheet of paper! That would be very useful when printing much web content, since the rows are often shorter for articles on the web. Printing such content with the two pages option in FinePrint results in a lot of unneccessary white borders. Since three full pages on one row would not fit on the sheet, FinePrint should add an option to overlap the pages horizontally by some user customizable measure. The user could then tune the overlap setting so that only the white borders, not the actual text, overlap.

Another thing I miss: I'd like an option to get the header tool in FinePrint to behave like the watermark tool. That is, stamp headers onto the page image and not above it. The latter means that the page gets shrunk and moved down a bit even in cases where there's enough white border space on the printed page image to fit the header.

Does anyone know if Clickbook or any other software can do these two things?

TucknDar:
Does anyone know of a similar tool to FinePrint and Clickbook that is FREE?

It doesn't need to have all the features in these apps, but have similar capabilities...

yes, it's a long-shot, but I'd much appreciate it :)

TucknDar:
"Wednesday, June 13: FinePrint - You asked for it - we got it! Save money, save time, save the earth, all at once. Check out FinePrint to use your printer's resources so effectively! "-Bits Du Jour discount preview
--- End quote ---

Grorgy:
ahhh tuckndar ty for that, was just thinking as my cartridge ran out that i should look at that again lol

rjbull:
Fineprint will be on offer at Bits du Jour on Wednesday June 13th 2007 - see their preview

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version