ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (13/22) > >>

mouser:
The fineprint discount will go live on Jan 1.  It's for 35% off.

Darwin:
Thanks for the update mouser. I jumped at the ClickBook offer before it expired and am very happy with it. Haven't had many opportunities to use it, yet, but will next semester. I'm going to be checking on the FinePrint offer, anyway as I might consider loading it onto my wife's computer...

alxwz:
I passed on the Clickbook discount offer after I couldn't find (even after some additional fiddling) an option to turn certain pages upside down the way I described (and in addition, I had some problems adjusting totally incorrect margins in 8-up mode on A4 paper).

Hope FinePrint does it better. But until now I couldn't find a suitable option for my problem there, either. And I also couldn't find a way to stop it from adding additional margins to the whole sheet (those are completely unnecessary because the pages themselves already have margins).

rjbull:
My Canon ip5000 has a cartidge tray feed but it also also a straight through feed - it is great to have the choice. Plus it includes automatic duplex, automatic 4-up booklet printing (which is really neat), mulitple page reduction to a single sheet and CD/DVD printing and produces really great photos.
-Carol Haynes (December 16, 2006, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't the fact that those features are built into hardware render FinePrint rather pointless?

Carol Haynes:
My Canon ip5000 has a cartidge tray feed but it also also a straight through feed - it is great to have the choice. Plus it includes automatic duplex, automatic 4-up booklet printing (which is really neat), mulitple page reduction to a single sheet and CD/DVD printing and produces really great photos.
-Carol Haynes (December 16, 2006, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't the fact that those features are built into hardware render FinePrint rather pointless?
-rjbull (December 29, 2006, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not totally as it has other functions - like inserting pages into booklet prints, removing images, other forms of scaling and others.

Actually I bought ClickBook but have been rather frustrated that it doesn't work well with my printer (see note above). It insists that paper is inserted via the sheet feeder and I can't get it to use the cassette at all. I email their support who wrote back with a suggestion to solve the problem but it didn't work and I got no further response when I replied to that effect. There is obviously a bug somewhere in there but they don't seem keen to troubleshoot it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version