ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (7/22) > >>

cranioscopical:
Carol: Personally I have moved to Canon printers which are excellent. OK their ink is still expensive but not nearly as ridiculous as Lexmark and some other manufacturers (partly because they don't see you a print head with every cartridge, plus you can replace individual colours).
--- End quote ---
I agree about Canon. I'd been using Epson Pro printers for colour (still do for some stuff). One day my sheet-feed scanner died and I needed a replacement in a big hurry. I live in a rural area, so there's not a lot of choice locally and I wound up with a Canon all-in-one. I've never been a fan of all-in-one machines, but the Canon's printing has been excellent and much more cost effective than that of the Epson machines. Canon's fade-resistance rating isn't good, so I use Epson for anything I think might be around for a few years.
mrainey:I bought a Samsung laser on sale for fifty bucks
--- End quote ---
One of the 2010's? Aren't they a great buy!? For text that matters I use an H-P 2420 because it's one of the few machines with the option of a straight-through paper path, but I bought a Samsung 2010 for my wife for a tenth of the cost and it's just great... nice small footprint, too.

Darwin:
I have a Samsung 2010 - it's great. My only complaint is the volume of the fan after a print job. It actually (no kidding) hurts my ears!

Darwin:
Also, Mouser, please add me to the list of people hoping for a Donationcoder FinePrint discount!

mouser:
Fineprint has been contacted; i will post here when i get a reply.
ps. if you want to see more mini-reviews like this one, be sure to toss some donation credit love to patteo (just click on the gold coin next to his name).  Remember you can give as little as 1 cent (.01 credits) - it's the thought that counts!

Carol Haynes:
mrainey:I bought a Samsung laser on sale for fifty bucks
--- End quote ---
One of the 2010's? Aren't they a great buy!? For text that matters I use an H-P 2420 because it's one of the few machines with the option of a straight-through paper path, but I bought a Samsung 2010 for my wife for a tenth of the cost and it's just great... nice small footprint, too.

--- End quote ---

My Canon ip5000 has a cartidge tray feed but it also also a straight through feed - it is great to have the choice. Plus it includes automatic duplex, automatic 4-up booklet printing (which is really neat), mulitple page reduction to a single sheet and CD/DVD printing and produces really great photos. Add to that PictBridge (no computer) printing from cameras, auto on/off and self-cleaning and I can't think of much that is missing.

This is my third Canon printer and they have got progressively better and better over the years. My experience with HP was one of paper jams and miss-feeds and expensive cartridges (but that was along time ago). Lexmark wasn't that long ago and my memory was of not very good quality print, wet paper lying around for ages after printing and obscenely expensive ink (plus a complete lack of drivers for anything other than Windows).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version