ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (6/22) > >>

zridling:
Wow, patteo, fantastic review! I've been using FinePrint (along with pdfFactory Pro) since the 2.0 version and have saved more trees than I can remember (FinePrint evens counts that for you). A wonderful program and built with very few bugs over each release. I also use it to write letters to family and friends on half pages like below.

TucknDar:
i'm going to contact fineprint people now and see if i can get them to give dc members a discount-mouser (December 13, 2006, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, please, mouser  :up:
Great review, got me interested in this tool. I do quite a bit of printing, so I bet this'd save me a few Nkr in ink costs ;)

cranioscopical:
patteo: I guess it is no different from why the printer manufacturers literally sell their snazzy looking printers dirt cheap which are gas ink guzzlers
--- End quote ---
Printer manufacturers have me hooked.
I know it's cheaper to do the following than to buy replacement ink:
buy a low-end printer on special, use it until the ink runs out, then toss it and buy another.
I just can't make myself do that. It's bad for the planet and it just plain offends my sense of what is right and wrong.

Carol Haynes:
patteo: I guess it is no different from why the printer manufacturers literally sell their snazzy looking printers dirt cheap which are gas ink guzzlers
--- End quote ---
Printer manufacturers have me hooked.
I know it's cheaper to do the following than to buy replacement ink:
buy a low-end printer on special, use it until the ink runs out, then toss it and buy another.
I just can't make myself do that. It's bad for the planet and it just plain offends my sense of what is right and wrong.
-cranioscopical (December 15, 2006, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too -- I used to have a Lexmark printer and a set of cartridges (~$120) was considerably more than the cost of a new identical printer (including cartridges). I also had an HP printer with similar ink pricing. I really think governments should act on this kind of stupidity and charge companies that do this a levy on recycling costs of old printers unless they reduce ink costs to a reasonable level.

Personally I have moved to Canon printers which are excellent. OK their ink is still expensive but not nearly as ridiculous as Lexmark and some other manufacturers (partly because they don't see you a print head with every cartridge, plus you can replace individual colours).

I just wish I found it easier to read stuff on screen and could avoid printing a lot more!

mrainey:
I bought a Samsung laser on sale for fifty bucks.  Prints beautiful black text - fast, quiet, and cheap.  Upload my photos to Kodak, low-cost two-day service for prints that are high-quality and durable.

Threw away my refill bottles and hypo.  Decided I didn't really NEED to do much color printing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version