ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ContextMenu Commander

ContextMenu Commander

<< < (12/17) > >>

Mandork:
Is this still in development, or did you get tired of it?  It sounds really, really cool.  I think that I would heavily promote it to everyone I know.

One thing that I have been trying to figure out (see here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8339.new#new) is a way to change things on the "summary" properties tab for multiple files at once.  So, for instance, I can highlight several files of various kinds, right-click, and add a "comment" to all of them at once.  Or, if that's not possible, a way to view all of these properties in a table format and just tab to  the next field and change it, like you can in Windows Media Player 9, for instance (see screen shot).  If you want to change the tag info for several files, all you have to do is tab to the next one and it works just like a spreadsheet would.  I'm thinking of something like the file tags for .mp3s, but for regular files--.doc, .txt, whatever. 

It gets really tiresome to go to the summary tab for every file, because as far as I can tell you have to do each one individually. 

Mandork:
I just found something that seems to do what I want, and I thought I'd share:  http://www.tilti.com/new/en/index.php?id=2_metachanger

Appears to be freeware, somehow it seems slightly dodgy, but is this just because it feels miraculous to find it after a frustrating search?   :-\

cnewtonne:
I used Perfrect menu for over 3 years before I abandoned it. I mostly used it to launch apps which I then totaly replaced by AppRocket, then TypeAndRun, and finally FARR. I'm not sure what else you can do with such menu. I still have one menu I use via MacroExpress to launch windows automation scripts like ...
- create an email/appointment/contact from the currently selected text in any app.
- Run a backup of my laptop.
- Restart a program if not running otherwise activate it existing window.
- Clean my browser cache and temp folder.
- Manage windows e.g. resize,on top, transparent, ... etc.

Curt:
I just found something that seems to do what I want, and I thought I'd share:  http://www.tilti.com/new/en/index.php?id=2_metachanger -Mandork (May 04, 2007, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

- so, are you trying it out and have some comments to share??   ;)

Mandork:
Indeed!

It's pretty basic, but it does what it says on the tin, as the British say.  You can add files either by drag & drop or via the File menu or toolbar button.  You can have three different profiles, into which you put the appropriate info.  Highlight the files you want to change, click the checkmark, and presto!  There are three fields (Category, Manager, Company) that are "office only", which seems to mean .doc and .xls, because they didn't apply to an Access database or any of the Open Document formats. 

Also, you can't add comments to a folder this way, but the HobComment program mentioned above does an admirable job of this. 

It has a limited period (15 days, I think) before you have to register it, but it's still free.

Seems to be pretty good so far!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version