ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Free and Pay FTP Client

(1/7) > >>

KenR:
Now that we have discussed what FTP clients people like and use the most, I was wondering what free FTP server people thought was "best" and what pay FTP server people thought was "best".

Thanks, Ken

zridling:
FileZilla server doesn't do everything, but almost and it's a freaking rock! Pay servers, hmmmm.

Josh:
For payware FTP servers, I prefer g6ftp server. Been a client of theirs since 1997 back before BP bought out their original offering, and got a free upgrade to v3 which now works like a charm and has even more functionality. For freeware, I cant say as I've never used anything besides G6.

Now, for the topic (which contradicts your post), the best freeware ftp client, in my opinion, is filezilla and the best payware one USED to be leapftp, but that was left to stagnate so now I would have to say SmartFTP.

pencoe:
IMHO WarFTPD is the best free ftp server (for windows...)

Bye, Peter

mitzevo:
for best free ftp clients (Windows), I would choose FileZilla, and after that would be SmartFTP* and WinSCP..

For best pay ftp client, I choose FlashFXP (but doesn;t suppport SFTP..) out of all the top players (CuteFTP, WS_FTP, etc. etc.)

FlashFXP has a good site manager (some thing FileZilla lacks; password protecting your sites, etc.), nice GUI, good features for most FTP sessions, and the price tag: $25, free upgrades  8)

edit: FlashFXP price was $5 short  ;D
edit 2: SmartFTP no longer offers the free version :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version