ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Teaser screenshot

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
i've been working hard on the new CHS - ive written and deleted and rewritten some code quite a bit, trying to figure out the best way to manage the clip groups and stuff..   so many design issues...

but here is a preview of the interface as it is; eventually you will be able to customize the display.

nudone:
 :up: looking good, dude. can't wait to try this one.

kfitting:
Looks nice.  A couple of questions, basically just some functionality questions.

- Is the filter going to apply only to the node you are in?  In other words, if you are in a node and want to search all clips are you going to have to click on the "ALL" node and then search? (maybe you could have two buttons for filtering, one for all and one for current node... I dont know)
- Is there any way to delete clips?  Based on criteria?
- What about having a hotkey that, when pressed, copies something to the clipboard and brings up an input box so you can enter in desired info (eg. clip group, clip title, etc)?  Ctrl+c would STILL be a normal copy and CHS would capture it and use the default settings specified in the options dialogue.  However, if say ctrl-alt-c (user defineable) were pressed, the user would be able to specify that data.  This would be helpful if you were collecting articles from the internet or any other time you wouldnt mind the extra time if it makes finding the data easier!
- What are the clip criteria (sorry cant think of what databases call them... maybe fields?) stored in the database?  (eg. windowname, date/time, etc)  In other words, what can you filter on?
- (not an interface question)  You had mentioned at some point about making CHS talk nicely with other notes managers.  Any further info on that?

Awesome screenshot!  Cant wait to see this implemented!

Kevin

mouser:
- Is the filter going to apply only to the node you are in?  In other words, if you are in a node and want to search all clips are you going to have to click on the "ALL" node and then search? (maybe you could have two buttons for filtering, one for all and one for current node... I dont know)
--- End quote ---

there will be two ways of searching, one is the quick search box where you can instantly apply a filter to whatever group you are looking at; in this case you would click ALL to have it show ALL clips which meet the filter criteria.

there will also be a more complex search function which will launch and filter all based on keywords or any other criteria.

- Is there any way to delete clips?  Based on criteria?
--- End quote ---
of course; you can just ctrl+A to select all "visible(filtered)" clips and hit delete, or select them any other way you want.

- What about having a hotkey that, when pressed, copies something to the clipboard and brings up an input box so you can enter in desired info (eg. clip group, clip title, etc)?  Ctrl+c would STILL be a normal copy and CHS would capture it and use the default settings specified in the options dialogue.  However, if say ctrl-alt-c (user defineable) were pressed, the user would be able to specify that data.  This would be helpful if you were collecting articles from the internet or any other time you wouldnt mind the extra time if it makes finding the data easier!
--- End quote ---

absolutely - i think we discussed this before; there will be a hotkey which pops up a small preview window showing the currently highlighted text, and allowing you to enter a custom title, and select the GROUP to play it in (and default to last selected group), so this will be perfect for this task.

about making CHS talk nicely with other notes managers.  Any further info on that?
--- End quote ---

i fully intend on supporting import/export to Keynote, Treepad, generic cvs, xml, maybe onenote; whatever is most popular.
i expect that you will be able to import and export to the major notes tools.

i do intend for this tool to be a complete hierarchical note taking + clipboard tool, able to compete with the best of them.

mouser:
- What are the clip criteria (sorry cant think of what databases call them... maybe fields?) stored in the database?  (eg. windowname, date/time, etc)  In other words, what can you filter on?
--- End quote ---

i didn't show it on the screen shot, but there are tons more columns you can show/hide, including creation date, modification date, last view date, deadline date, some checkboxes for marking favorites, a keyword field, various other custom user settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version